Pediatric Dental Specialists offers teenage dental care in Biloxi and Ocean Springs, Mississippi, to help your teenager navigate the challenges of maintaining a healthy smile during adolescence. We are committed to helping your teenager learn good oral habits and enjoy a beautiful smile. Call us today to make an appointment with Dr. C.A. “Buddy” Brice, Dr. Jason Rector or Dr. Austin McMurphy and learn more about teenage dental care.
Teenagers face many challenges when it comes to their oral health. These challenges include the need for orthodontic treatment, struggles with their appearance, bad breath, wisdom teeth removal and more. Many teenagers also have busy lives, balancing their time between school, jobs, sports and other social activities, and they do not maintain the healthiest diet as a result. Our pediatric dentists and team are committed to ensuring that your teenager achieves and maintains a healthy smile. When you bring your teenager to our office, we will work one-on-one with them so that they can receive the care they need.
Here are a few tips to help you help your teenager:
- Encourage them to take good care of their teeth, especially through daily brushing and flossing at home.
- Help them make and keep appointments with our pediatric dentists to receive professional preventive care.
- Set a good example — if you are taking care of your oral health, your teenager will be more likely to do the same for themselves.
- Keep oral hygiene supplies on hand, including toothbrushes, floss and toothpaste.
- Keep fruits and vegetables on hand, and avoid purchasing large quantities of junk food. This will encourage your teenager to eat a more balanced diet.
- Appeal to their self-confidence. Teens are often very concerned about their appearance, and a healthy smile will make them feel more confident as well as better-looking.
We invite you to give us a call if you have any questions about teenage dental care or if you want to make an appointment at our office.